Live Design's 2020 Design Achievement Awards, honoring design excellence in the fields of lighting design, projection/video design, and production design, announced the winners of the Live for Broadcast category during a virtual awards presentation on headline sponsor Worldstage's Digital Oasis platform on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
Work created from August 1, 2019 through July 31, 2020 was nominated, and the Live for Broadcast judging panel, chaired by lighting director/programmer Tiffany Keys, narrowed the nominees to three projects per award. Live Design readers voted to determine the winners.
- Noah Mitz for America’s Got Talent Season 14
Live Performance Special (Music)
- Robert Barnhart for Super Bowl LIV Halftime Show
Live Performance Special (Non-Music)
- LeRoy Bennett, Arnold Serame, & Mat Stovall for the 2019 League of Legends World Championship
- Baz Halpin, J.T. Rooney, & David Fafard for Katy Perry's American Idol Season 17 Finale
Awards Show Lighting
- Otis Howard for the 2019 Soul Train Awards
Awards Show Production/Scenic Design
- Jason Sherwood for The 92nd Academy Awards
View the full Live for Broadcast shortlist of nominees.