Live Design, the leading digital source for the entertainment design and technology industry and the official media arm of the LDI Tradeshow and Conference, will host its annual Awards Ceremony, sponsored by GLP and Meyer Sound, in New York City on Monday, June 12, 2017. The wide range of winning people, products, and projects reflects the scope of Live Design.
The three awards categories are as follows:
The Live Design Achievement Awards recognize the work of exceptional individuals, design teams, and organizations.
- The design team for Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812: Bradley King, lighting; Paloma Young, costumes; Mimi Lien, sets; Nicholas Pope, sound. Presented by director Rachel Chavkin and sponsored by Dazian.
- Jonathan Deans: Winner of the second annual Abe Jacob Award for Sound Design. Presented by director Diane Paulus and sponsored by Meyer Sound.
- Es Devlin: For brave new worlds in scenic design for concerts and theatre. Presented by Ric Lipson of Stufish and sponsored by GLP.
- Sooner Routhier & Robert Long of SRae Productions: For masterful teamwork for concert design and production. Presented by Peter Pappalardo of Artist Group International and sponsored by A.C.T Lighting.
- Tal Yarden: For pushing the boundaries of projection and video design. Presented by director Sarna Lapine and sponsored by d3 Technologies.
- UVLD: For continued excellence in corporate lighting design. Presented by Chris Drury of Drury Design and sponsored by Elation Professional.
- Event Safety Alliance: For selfless work in keeping our industry safe. Presented by Randall Etheridge, senior director of production at Lincoln Center, and sponsored by WorldStage.
The tenth annual Excellence Award winners were chosen online by our readers.
- Concert: Twenty One Pilots' Emotional Roadshow World Tour, submitted by Meyer Sound and Tantrum.
- Corporate Event: Project Nightclub, submitted by A.C.T Lighting.
- Installation: Dubai Water Canal 2016, Sheikh Zayed Bridge, submitted by D.T.S. Illuminazione srl.
- Live for Broadcast: Hairspray Live! submitted by A.C.T Lighting.
- Theatre Production: Magic To Do, submitted by Entertainment Design Corporation.
- Venue (Club or Lounge): Rumba Room Live, submitted by Elation Professional.
- Venue (Theatre or Performance): Fox Theatre, submitted by Meyer Sound.
A panel of prestigious judges in each of the three categories selected the 2016-17 winning products.
- Luminaire: Robe Spikie
- Control Software: Enttec LED Mapper
- Measurement/Analysis: City Theatrical DMXCat
- Accessories: MAde in the Shade Console Cover
- Console Software: DiGiCo Stealth Core 2
- Microphone: Shure KSM8 Dualdyne
- Speaker: Meyer Sound MJF-208 Monitor
- Measurement/Analysis: Rational Acoustics SMAART v8
- Projector: Panasonic PT-RQ32K
- Software (tie):Mapping Matter and Notch
- Switcher: Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio HD
- Control: Barco E2 Multiscreen Control
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to all the awards sponsors, including ceremony sponsors GLP and Meyer Sound.