Live Design's 2020 Design Achievement Awards, honoring design excellence in the fields of lighting design, projection/video design, and production design, announced the winners of the Theatre category during a virtual awards presentation on headline sponsor WorldStage's Digital Oasis platform on Thursday, January 14, 2021.
Work created from August 1, 2019 through July 31, 2020 was nominated, and the Theatre judging panel, including theatre, opera, and dance, chaired by dance writer Lauren Warnecke, narrowed the nominees to three projects per award. Live Design readers voted to determine the winners.
- Jennifer Tipton for Giselle
- Tyler Micoleau for Hercules
- Jeanette Oi-Suk Yew for Sweet Land
- Cat Tate Starmer for 1984
Video & Projection Design
- Peter Flaherty for The Flying Dutchman