Core training for TD’s, the second annual Technical Director Boot Camp combines of four different sessions in a full-day of training that will prepare anyone for the duties and responsibilities as a technical director. Whether you’re curious to start as a TD, or interested in brushing up on some advanced techniques, this special workshop will benefit technical directors of all levels. This LDI session is led by Tracy Nunnally, owner of Vertigo (formerly Hall Associates Flying Effects), ETCP recognized trainer and Head of the Graduate Theatre Technology Program at the Northern Illinois University School of Theatre and Dance. Be sure to watch Part One!
In this section: Excel at Excel! The Basics of Spreadsheet Use for the Technical Director
1) Learn effective strategies for designing spreadsheets for tracking resources
2) Master the mystery of dates and times, three-dimensional calculation planning, forcing consistent data entry, and conditional formatting. Bring your laptop!
3) Function more effectively in Microsoft Excel;
4) Move data three-dimensionally through a spreadsheet
5) Design an effective Excel spreadsheet to assist with everyday applications.