A good way to keep track of the days with a busy online schedule. And kudos to all those that continue to offer free webcasts on all kinds of subjects. Training by day, live streaming in the evening, more than enough to do! Here are some options for Thursday, June 4, 2020.
• 11am Eastern: City Theatrical: Multiverse Webinar 5: This webinar explores wireless dimming control using the QolorFLEX® 5x2.5A Multiverse Dimmer and the new QolorFLEX® 2x2.5A Multiverse Dimmer, including key information for easy set up and operation in props and costumes.Presented by John Demous. Register Here.
• 10am Central: ETC Live Webinar: Using ETC Augment3d Session 2: Begin with a new show file and dive in from the beginning. Rob Crane will walk through patching conventional and moving fixtures, and working with them in the 3D space. Plus a deeper look into the edit mode of Augment3d, learning how to use these tools to create and modify the objects in the model space.. Register Here.
• 1pm Eastern: d&b Goes Live – Bringing the Concert Hall outdoors with Soundscape: d&b will be chatting to Egan O’Rourke, production manager for Stanford Live, about “bringing the concert hall outdoors with d&b Soundscape." Egan manages the audio for Bing Concert Hall and Frost Amphitheater, and will be discussing noise management with NoizCalc and the SL-Series, as well as how they used d&b Soundscape’s En-Space for the San Francisco Symphony’s series of outdoor concerts. On Instagram Live by following @dbaudiotechnik_gmbh
Looking ahead, register in advance:
• June 5 @ 9:30am Central: Chicago Flyhouse: Truss Use and Inspection: Truss plays a vital role in nearly every segment of the entertainment industry, but is widely misused and misunderstood. This class is designed to give users a basic understanding of how truss works and how to work with it in a safe manner. ETCP renewal credits available. Instructor: Ed Leahy. Register Here.
• Digital Senior Showcase: All class of 2020 theatre college seniors are invited to join an online senior showcase to be seen by over 70 agencies and casting directors across the nation. This is your chance to show your stuff. Register Here.
• National Theatre UK At Home: Donmar Warehouse's Coriolanus: Shakespeare’s searing tragedy of political manipulation and revenge. Designer-Lucy Osborne, lighting designer-Mark Henderson, sound designer Emma Laxton, video designer Andrzej Goulding. Watch Here.
• Thru June 5 @ 10am Eastern: Stephen Petronio Company:#LoveSpreadsFaster: Featuring #GimmeShelter, a video piece crated with sheltering-in-place dancers and Full Half Wrong, Petronio’s 1993 take on Igor Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring .Premiered online on May 29. Watch Here.
• Thru June 6: Dance Week at Lincoln Center: These dance performances, streamed at LincolnCenter.org and on Lincoln Center’s Facebook Page, were filmed during more than 40 years of performances on the Lincoln Center Campus by such renowned institutions as Ballet Hispánico, New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, The School of American Ballet, and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. Watch Here.
• 7:30pm: Metropolitan Opera Nightly Stream. Week 12.
Listen or Watch Anytime:
• Technically Speaking, USITT Podcast: 2020 Zelma H. Weisfeld Costume Design & Technology Award winner Brooke Nicole Kesler, costume assistant at The San Diego Opera, and is looking forward to graduating with her MFA in Design and Technology with an emphasis in Costume Design from San Diego State University. Listen Here.
• EDC 2020 Las Vegas Virtual Rave-A-Thon: Insomniac has posted videos from this year’s virtual event. Watch Here.