The 64th annual Obie Awards were presented by the American Theater Wing and the Village Voice yesterday, May 20, at Terminal 5 in New York City. Honoring Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway plays and musicals, the Obie Awards do not have established categories, but recognize whatever work the judges deem appropriate for that season. The ceremony featured lighting design by Mike Baldassari, sound design by Mike Tracey, and video design by Adam J. Thompson.
Check out the design winners:
- Dede M. Ayite for Sustained Excellence in Costume Design
- Isabella Byrd for Lighting Design of Light Shining in Buckinghamshire (New York Theatre Workshop)
- Palmer Hefferan for Sustained Excellence in Sound Design
- Cookie Jordan for Sustained Excellence in Hair, Wigs, and Makeup
- Clint Ramos for Set Design of Wild Goose Dreams (The Public Theater)
- Louisa Thompson for Sustained Excellence in Scenic Design
Special citations were given to the cast and creative team for the St. Ann's Warehouse production of The Jungle, including set designer Miriam Buether, lighting designer Jon Clark, sound designer Paul Arditti, and costume designer Catherine Kodicek.
Special citations were also given to the director and creative team for the St. Ann's Warehouse production of Oklahoma!, including set designer Laura Jellinek, lighting designer Scott Zielinski, sound designer Drew Levy, production designer Joshua Thorson, and costume designer Terese Wadden.
For the full list of winners, check out The New York Times.