Barcelona, Spain – ISE – At the 2024 Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) conference in Barcelona, HOLOPHONIX (Booth 7G200) will debut its new 2.2 software version for all its immersive platforms – including hardware processors, and the HOLOPHONIX Native app for macOS – plus a new touring-ready hardware processor, called HOLOPHONIX Ultra. The Ultra offers higher performances for real-time spatialization, with up to 512 inputs and outputs, an embedded touch screen, redundant power supplies, and more. The new HOLOPHONIX Ultra platform also introduces a new scalable licensing model. The new version 2.2 software update is free and will be available on February 5, 2024, at https://holophonix.xyz/
The new HOLOPHONIX Ultra hardware processor – now available for order with deliveries starting in Q2 2024 – features a state-of-the-art redesigned chassis machined from aluminum blocks, integrating a powerful and touring-ready hardware configuration tailored for demanding setups.
Featuring ultra-low audio latency and offering scalable I/O expandable up to 512 ins and outs, the new Ultra also features low-noise and enhanced internal airflow, redundant power supplies, and a built-in touchscreen on the front panel. This touchscreen provides instant access to crucial monitoring parameters, including IP addresses, network and performance status, and more. Additionally, the processor is designed to be rack-mounted, for the most challenging touring configurations.
The HOLOPHONIX teams worked on the sustainability of each piece of the hardware. The rear panel features Neutrik-housed connectors integrated into the aluminum chassis, including two powerCON mains connectors, three etherCON connectors for remote control and Dante connectivity, as well as Display-Port and USB 3.0 connectors for easy access while servicing.
“The new HOLOPHONIX Ultra platform is simply the most advanced and powerful spatialization processor ever built at the company, and possibly the most powerful available anywhere today. It includes all that our most advanced and challenging users have been asking for, and needing over the past several years,” states Gaetan Byk, Founder and CEO of the company.
“The ‘Ultra’ introduces a new scalable licensing model that offers a license-based output count from 16 to 512. Beyond 128 outputs, a free-of-charge hardware upgrade would be necessary, making the Ultra processor ready to process up to 512 physical Dante inputs and outputs,” adds Arthus Touzet, Software Engineer at HOLOPHONIX.
The new HOLOPHONIX 2.2 software update features among other improvements, a brand-new design for the Inspector window for a better workflow, and a new ‘dock’ offering quick access to the main features for HOLOPHONIX users. This new design is more ‘live sound’ oriented, with its new logic and workflow deriving from the live mixing console universe. Again, this new design has been mainly influenced by our users’ requests,” states Clément Vallon, Engineer, and Product Manager at HOLOPHONIX
The new HOLOPHONIX 2.2 software update also features, among other improvements, the ability to import and export CSV files from the overview window, a new ‘Add’ menus for Sources and Speakers including pre-configured Dolby Atmos layouts, and an improved audio engine.
Additional Features for the HOLOPHONIX version 2.2 Update:
• Added the Visibility menu in the Venue to easily select what to display
• Added new ‘Add’ menus for Sources and Speakers, including pre-configured Dolby Atmos speakers’ layouts
• Added a Dock to toggle the different Windows’ display, replacing the ‘Window’ original menu
• Added a Pin button in the Inspector to unlink its selection from the Venue
• Added a global ‘Advanced Setting’ toggle button in the Preferences window
• Added the ability to duplicate Projects and Presets
• Added the ability to directly turn floating windows into new displays
• Added the ability to hide the Options Bar, Inspector, and Dock
• Added the ‘Zoom’ section in the Display menu
• Added a contextual Tab section to the Inspector
• Added quick setup for routing possibilities from the Inspector Tab section for relevant elements
• Improved the Mixer window’s GPU processing performance
• Improved the Inspector’s design for better workflow
• Improved the management of Groups and multiple selections
• Improved the Venue’s display performance
• Fixed an issue with naming when adding individual elements
• Fixed import/export scene 3D leaving phantom elements
• Added the ability to route a source to eight busses, compared to six in previous versions
• Added a new source for the Ambisonics family: Eigenmike 64, and refactored Eigenmike 32.
• Added the ability to solo a spatialization Bus from the Mixer window
• Added a new setting to Delay a Source’s Send to a Spatialization Bus
• Added a warning notification when a source is in “Focus Mode” in a WFS Bus.
• Added 23 EQs for professional monitoring headphones, to compensate for their inherent EQ and therefore improve localization perception.
• Added in the Overview the ability to delay each Output
• Improved calculation for delay interpolation
Visit the ISE Barcelona website: https://ise.barcelona
For over thirty years, Amadeus has designed, built, and marketed a wide range of electro-acoustical playback systems and high-end signal processing equipment, bringing together high technology, style, and emotion. The Amadeus brand has grown to become a leading supplier of high-end audio solutions and services for theaters, opera houses, concert halls, museums, recording studios, and research centers. All development and product manufacturing are centralized in Amadeus headquarters in France, with field offices and authorized distributors in Europe and Asia.
HOLOPHONIX develops an extremely advanced real-time immersive audio environment, perfectly optimized for the performing arts field. Created by Gaëtan Byk in coordination with IRCAM and CNRS research institutes, HOLOPHONIX offers a global solution including software, plugins, hardware processors, electronic devices, and loudspeakers, adapted by many world-renowned cultural institutions.
Amadeus and HOLOPHONIX are registered trademarks of Amadeus France. All rights reserved. All other registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.