National Theatre's NT At Home presents some of the best in British theatre for you to stream any time, any place. Check out this dark version of Ibsen's Hedda Gabler, directed by the edgy Ivo van Hove, with Ruth Wilson in the title role. Sets and lighting by Jan Versweyveld, costumes by An D’Huys, and sound by Tom Gibbons. Watch here, tickets are £9.99.
Looking Ahead, Register In Advance:
Theatre Resources Unlimited (TRU): Community Gatherings/Friday Zooms: Email for Zoom links: [email protected]
• January 7 @ 5pm Eastern: 50 Years of Leadership: A Conversation with Producer/Theater Owner Eric Krebs: Entrepreneur, producer, writer and groundbreaking theater manager and owner Eric Krebs talks of a dedicated life in New York theater. Co-founder of the George Street Playhouse, and manager for years of the John Houseman and Douglas Fairbanks Theatres, Eric has been a part of the evolution of off-Broadway, through the creation of Theatre Row to running several of his own theater spaces including the current Theatre 555 on West 42nd Street.
• January 14 @ 5pm Eastern: Keeping Virtual in Our Vocabulary: Integrating What We've Learned As We Return to Live Performance: Kathryn Jones, leader and Innovator in live-streaming, virtual fundraising and social-first content, founder of Collective Agency. Two years in shutdown has pushed us to expand our creative skill set. We'll look at the virtual tools that can still serve us going forward, and how they can contribute to our future success in theater, from livestreaming as a supplementary revenue stream to online fundraising to new way to approach marketing and increase awareness of our product.
• January 10, 2022: EPIC: The Entertainment & Performance Arts Industry Conference: 24 hours of online sessions. Full details here.
• Light Talk: Episode 248: A Chorus Of Lights: The Lumen Brothers discuss everything from Stage Photography to Opening a Roth. Join Stan, Steve, and Zak as they pontificate about: More cancellations on Broadway; stage photography and LED's, lamp check, USITT and SETC convention dates, what's in your portfolio, white balance, setting off the metal detector at the airport, things we need in 2022 on this News Year Edition of Light Talk. Listen here:
* Artistic Finance: If you don't know about NFT's and the metaverse, it's time to learn. so don't miss this podcast with Bob Bonniol, Emmy Award winning director, production designer, and producer known for his implementation of extensive media and interactive features in his productions and installations. He is also the founder of Mode Studios, and its hybrid event company Meta Mode. Join him as he explains the future, with host Ethan Steimel on Artistic Finance. The discussion includes Bonniol's opera NFT, how NFTs are currently being used and can be used in live events and theatre, the metaverse—how it's working and where it's headed, and an actionable challenge to you to create an NFT.
Live Design Online, On Demand:
• LDI New Tech Breaks: Don't miss LDI's Virtual New Tech Breaks now On Demand: Presentations of new products and technology from LDI2021 exhibitors including: MyCaseBuilder, Zanni, Madrix, and Propared. Register Here and watch when you can, some really good products here, like Zanni's Ovees (pictured below), which will take you into immersive worlds of AR and VR.
• Celebrating The Tonys: Interviews with Tony-nominated sound designer Jonathan Deans (Jagged Little Pill), and Tony winner for Moulin Rouge, Peter Hylenski, moderated by Abe Jacob, and sponsored by Meyer Sound. The second session, sponsored by ETC, features lighting designer Justin Townsend, Tony nominated for Jagged Little Pill and the winner for Moulin Rouge. Free. Register Here.
• Live Design Virtual Webcasts: Extend Your Reality: How to use the latest technology to create spectacular live experiences. This three-session virtual event is free to watch and sponsored by disguise, the platform for creatives and technologists to imagine, create and deliver spectacular live visual experiences. Three sessions that take you deep into the world of xR production. Ellen Lampert-Gréaux, creative director for Live Design/LDI, moderates. The tech and design savvy panelists are from disguise as well as such companies as Studio Lab, All Of It Now, Far Right Productions. Free. Register Here.