To celebrate the achievements of 2018 and to welcome all the prospects of 2019, Live Design is conducting 31 Days Of Plots. Every day during the month of December 2018, we will highlight a different lighting design, from across theatre, concert tours, corporate events, and more.
The Lighting Design Group has been lighting the NBC Studios at the Olympics since 1994, and the 2018 PyeongChang games were no exception. LDG transformed the NBC Studios at the International Broadcast Center from an empty room into the studio seen on TV in a matter of weeks. LDG ‘s team of designers, led by senior lighting designers Steven Brill, Daniel Kelley, and Niel Galen, was on site the duration of the games to ensure that the design was executed properly for every evening broadcast.
- Senior Lighting Designer: Steve Brill
- Primetime Lighting Designer: Dan Kelley
- SportsNetwork Lighting Designer: Niel Galen, Geoff Amoral
- Today Show Lighting Designer: Brian McRae
- Venues Lighting Designer: Paul Lohr
- Venues Lighting Coordinator: David Cook
- Lighting Directors: Anna Jones, Dan Rousseau, Kevin Hardy
- Project Manager: Sheryl Wisniewski
- Senior Venue Gaffer: John Reynolds
- Primetime Gaffer: Evan Purcell
- Today Show Gaffer: Nick Dale
- Gaffers: Sean Linehan, Eric Kasprisin, John Salzmann, Tori Piper, Jacob Clegg
- Scenic Designer: Bryan Higgason of HD STUDIO
Click through the slideshow to check out the plots, and stay tuned for more plots over the next 26 days!