Production Resource Group, LLC, (PRG) has formed a new company, PRG Distribution, LLC (PRG Distribution) to distribute entertainment technology product lines from global manufacturers to dealers in North America. PRG vice president Tim Brennan will oversee the new company, which will operate independently from PRG headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
Brennan emphasizes that the new company will sell exclusively to dealers, not to end-users. “PRG Distribution gives North American dealers and their customers access to state-of-the-art lighting equipment and other entertainment products that have been hugely popular with customers outside the US but difficult, if not impossible, to purchase in this country,” he says. “Buyers can purchase this equipment from their regional dealers, fully confident that they will be able to get any parts and service they need when they need it.”
So far, PRG Distribution has sealed exclusive distribution agreements with a number of manufacturers, bringing these brands to US and Canadian markets.
- Clay Paky, S.p.A., the Italian manufacturer of high-end professional automated moving light fixtures, used extensively at major venues in Europe, South America, and elsewhere.
- Chamsys, Ltd., the United Kingdom-based manufacturer of the MagicQ and MagicQ Pro series of mid-size lighting control consoles and software.
- PowerQuick® Powered Ascender, a battery-operated device, originally developed for the US military, that lets stagehands and others safely reach high work spaces using a standard climbing rope.
- Spotlesslight™, a spotlight technology for digital projects that illuminates a live subject with no shadow/spill-over, even while the subject moves around the stage.
- FogScreen™, a patented technology that produces a thin curtain of “dry” fog that serves as a translucent projection screen, displaying images that literally float in thin air.
- NiLA™, a new lighting solution for the entertainment industry with unprecedented environmental standards, performance benefits, and unmatched versatility.
“We are excited about our alliance with PRG Distribution,” says Pasquale Quadri, president, CEO and chairman of the board at Clay Paky, S.p.A. “North America is a very important market for us. PRG Distribution has already established a strong dealer network in the territory and together we can offer complete professional solutions to the local lighting sector.”
Kevin Baxley, PRG’s chief operating officer and co-president adds, “Creating PRG Distribution to distribute these outstanding product lines is a logical step for PRG, and our customers will be the beneficiaries. PRG is committed to offering high-quality, state-of-the-art entertainment technology solutions, and we are pleased to represent these manufacturers in North America.”