Live Design presents the first annual Excellence in Installation Awards, honoring visual and sound installation work in such venues as clubs, theaters, arenas, restaurants, museums, and hospitality. The Excellence In Installation Awards help extend the brand’s focus into the overall live experience and replace the former Excellence In Live Design Awards, many categories of which are now honored at the KOI-USA Awards. These awards are an opportunity to be recognized among your peers in the industry as voting will be open to Live Design readers. Nominations are now being accepted for outstanding achievement in installation projects occurring from January 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018. The deadline for nominations is Friday, October 5 at 5 p.m. ET.
All entries will be posted for voting on www.livedesignonline.com beginning Monday, October 8. Voting will end Monday, October 29 at 5 p.m. ET. Winners will be announced Tuesday, October 30.
The project with the most votes in each category will be selected as the winner. The categories include:
- Club Venues – Video/Lighting
- Club Venues – Audio
- Theatres/Performing Arts Venues – Video/Lighting
- Theatres/Performing Arts Venues – Audio
- Arenas/Stadiums – Video/Lighting
- Arenas/Stadiums – Audio
- Themed/Experiential Venues – Video/Lighting
- Themed/Experiential Venues – Audio
- Hospitality – Video/Lighting
- Hospitality – Audio
- Museum/Exhibits – Video/Lighting
- Museum/Exhibits – Audio
- Temporary Video Installation
- Temporary Lighting Installation
Winners will be announced and promoted on Live Design Online, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and in an e-newsletter, and will receive year-long exposure on our high-traffic website.
Anyone involved in an installation project—architects, consultants, owners, producers, manufacturers, suppliers, designers, venue or event staff—may submit an entry.
- Purchase a nomination in the Live Design Store for $395. Multiple entries are encouraged, but please try to limit one entry per project.
- After your purchase, Live Design Staff will contact you for the following materials:
- A 400-500 word description of the project, detailing the major players, challenges, and components of the project. Please explain why this project is so unique.
- Two to three high-resolution photos (300 dpi, jpg/png).
- A 100-word maximum list of the project’s design team and a list of the key equipment used.
- Select one category the entry should be included in for voting purposes.
- Optional: One 2-minute video may be submitted. Acceptable formats: mpeg, mp4, mov, YouTube, or Vimeo.