Second Death Reported in Madonna Stage Collapse

(PRG)

A second death was reported Friday in the collapse of the stage for the Madonna concdet that killed a man late last week, according to reports on CNN.com and other major news outlets.

According to the report, "The second fatality was a 32-year-old British citizen, the British Foreign Office and a high-ranking police official said. It was not clear whether the person was a man or woman, but the next of kin had been informed, the Foreign Office said."

The report also notes that both deaths were a result of a crane collapse that occurred "while lifting a large metallic truss -- a structure from which lights hang -- into place, Lt. Thierry Delorme of the French Navy told CNN."

For additional information, read here.

Suggested Articles:

EverybodyFights is live streaming with Blackmagic Design products.

Under The Deep Blue Sea from the UK's National Theatre is a must see...

Listen to "A Conversation On Diversity And Anti-Racism In Entertainment Design," co-hosted by Live Design and USITT and moderated by David Stewart.