To celebrate the achievements of 2018 and to welcome all the prospects of 2019, Live Design is conducting 31 Days Of Plots. Every day during the month of December 2018, we will highlight a different lighting design, from across theatre, concert tours, corporate events, and more.
For the first time since the 45th celebration in 2003, the Grammy Awards returned to New York. Lighting designers Bob Dickinson and Noah Mitz created an elegant design to match the glamour and spectacle of the evening. The show load-in timeline at 10 days total was two days shorter than their usual load-in period at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The 60th Annual Grammys was nominated for both and Emmy and Knight of Illumination Awards this year.
Click through the slideshow to view the plots, and stay tuned for more plots over the next 12 days!
- Lighting Designers: Bob Dickinson/Noah Mitz
- Lighting Directors: Mike Berger, Will Gossett, Madigan Stehly
- Lighting Directors/Programmers: Patrick Boozer, Andy O’Reilly, Ryan Tanker
- Media Server Operator: Matt Cotter
- Gaffer: RJ Styles
- Best Boy: Steve Sittler
- PRG Chief Tech: Jason Trowbridge
- PRG Tech: Geoff Smith
- PRG Tech: Erin Anderson
- PRG Tech: Melanie Daley
- Server Tech: Charles Dabezies
- PRG Account Manager: Tony Ward
- PRG Production Coordinator: Travis Snyder
- Full Flood Production Manager: Sam Benson