Katy Perry made a big splash at the American Idol finale on Friday, May 15, not only for her barefoot performance of her new song, Daisies, but also the innovative digital imagery that swept her into an immersive landscape like Alice into Wonderland.
XR Studios collaborated with Silent Partners Studio and Silent House Productions to produce this all-new extended-reality experience for television. Filmed at PRG Los Angeles, the production partners for this new digital paradigm include PRG North America, disguise, Notch, and Stype.
- Production Company: XR Studios
- Directors: Baz Halpin & J.T. Rooney
- Lighting Design: Cory FitzGerald
- Choreography: The Squared Division
- Video Programmer: Charles Dabezies
- Video Producers: Silent Partners Studios
- Screen Producer: J.T. Rooney
- Video Creative Director: David Fafard
- Video Technical Director: Scott Millar
- Disguise Technician: Anthony Vasquez
- Technical Director: Stefaan Desmedt
- PRG Projects North America Director: Jeroen Hallaert
- Account Manager / Coordinator: Francesca Benevento
- Line Producer: Lee Cherry
Stay tuned for Live Design's coverage of the design process and use of extended-reality technology.