STARTING RATE or SALARY RANGE: $36,920-$45,760; Employees being promoted to a higher classified position receive the minimum for the position or a pay rate adjustment of 8%, whichever is greater.
INTERNAL POSTING THROUGH: Concurrent* - Consideration will be given first to temporary and regular tech employees who apply within the 7 day internal posting. Applications received after the 7 day posting margin will be considered with other outside applicants.
The individual will serve as the main supervisor for the Macey Center Theater, NMT PAS productions, and will be ultimately responsible for the operation and maintenance of all technical aspects including but not limited to audio, visual, lighting, and communications for the two primary campus conference spaces, Macey & Fidel Centers. This includes acting as sound and/or lighting engineer for theatrical performances, meetings, conferences, and recitals, held within the theater as well as throughout the buildings.
- High School (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic composition and math.
- Three (3) years of directly related experience as a technical director or sound engineer required OR Two (2) years directly related experience with certification in audio engineering or an Associate’s degree in Theater OR Two (2) years of directly related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Sound design and board operation of stage/theater sound for nationally produced performance acts required.
- Preparation, execution and supervision of special events which can include music festivals, theater production, and conference support etc. required.
- Operation of A/ V systems required.
- Supervision of technical support crew/ team required.
- Supervising and training of part-time, volunteer and student staff required.
- Manage strike and restoration of facilities; independently as well as with staff.
- Manage production crew calls required.
- Manage show production advance procedures required.
- Mixing a live band and pre-recorded tracked music required.
- Comfortable with digital and analog mixing console set up, operation and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge in the set up and troubleshooting of wireless microphones and RF frequencies required.
- Mixing up to 24 wireless microphones required.
- The ability to understand, translate and implement theater lighting plots desired.
- Conventional and LED light board programming desired.
- The ability to create and implement own light design as well as adapt lighting plots to house rep plot desired.
- Individual must possess concrete organizational, communication, problem solving and analytical skills along with a high value on customer service and attention to detail/ cleanliness.
- New Mexico State Driver’s License required.
- May require security clearance for special events.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as events required.
- Holidays will be assigned on a rotational basis among the Director, Assistant Director and Technical Director.