Catch up with industry influencers in ACT's video series, "Caught in the ACT." Hear about their inspiration, best practices, and what drives them. Each month will focus on a new subject, exploring their style, personality, and what drew them to the industry.
With nearly 20 years of industry experience behind him, Justin Kitchenman launched Align Design Group (ADG) in 2016. Some ADG’s credits include Luke Bryan, Dolly Parton, Taylor Swift, Cole Swindell, Alan Jackson, Gary Allan, Switchfoot, and Hilary Duff. Kitchenman has received nominations for the Tour Link “Top Dog” award for Lighting Designer of the year as well as the “CMA Touring Award” for Lighting Director of the Year.
Watch the first video where he answers: What was the pivotal moment that made you say, "This is what I'll do for a career?"
Watch all the videos with Kitchenman:
- Episode 2: Is there anything that you do in your life outside the business that really inspires your work on a project?
- Episode 3: People seem more informed about technology in lighting and videos these days. Have you seen a change in the type of inputs artists give you for your designs?
- Episode 4: As you have spent more and more time with your craft, how have your designs changed?
- Episode 5: What person in your life has had the greatest influence on your designs?
- Episode 6: What is the most important piece of advice anyone has given you about this business or your work?