CYPRESS, Calif. – (June 1, 2017) – Today Christie®, an acknowledged leader in multi-window processing, introduced an all new processor in the Spyder lineup with the Christie Spyder X80. Delivering four times the pixel management capacity than anything available on the market, the new Spyder X80 is the solution for today’s higher image resolutions and is the only video processor capable of handling 4K at a 60Hz refresh rate on a single channel. Setting a new benchmark for the creation of spectacular, unique visual experiences, the new Spyder X80 will be on exhibit in the Christie booth 2553 during InfoComm 2017 in Orlando, Florida June 14 – 16.
“We asked Spyder X20 users what was important to them in a next generation processor. With their input we engineered the most powerful processing machine on the planet,” said Clark Williams, executive vice president, Content Management & Processing, Christie. “The Spyder X80 is high performing, reliable, and the only processor built from the ground up to support 4K at 60Hz on every channel. We’ve introduced the next generation Spyder as the tool trusted by professionals for the most demanding applications, including rental staging and large scale experiences.”
Added Williams, “The Christie Spyder X80 is an instrumental piece in realizing a ‘pixels everywhere’ vision and stands alone at the forefront as a solution for applications that require managing a massive volume of pixels from source to display with the highest level of performance, flexibility, and functionality available.”
The new Christie Spyder X80 multi-screen windowing processor offers many capabilities for rental staging and large scale experiences that help make display walls easy to set up and manage, while incorporating the latest standards and connectors, including HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, and 12G HDSDI. Christie Spyder X80 solves both the large and small display canvas needs of today, with enough power to solve display needs of the foreseeable future.
The new Christie Spyder X80 offers an array of innovative features and benefits:
- Massive display canvas support – A modular configuration supporting up to 24 inputs and 16 outputs, with all connections capable of displaying 4K at 60/50Hz, customers benefit from 4K support for narrow pixel pitch LED, tiled video walls, plus complex, multi-display projection environments
- Card chassis based design allows customers to match input and output needs with room to change and upgrade in the future
- All source content can be displayed freely across multiple types of displays including displays configured in portrait mode with Spyder’s ability to rotate outputs individually
- Single channel 4K support on every channel – Christie Spyder X80 supports 4K at 60Hz at 8/10/12 bit processing on a single cable, plus 4K at 120Hz on dual or quad cables
- Super low latency – Continuing in the Spyder tradition, 80 megapixels and 4K at 60Hz support has super low latency impact
- 24/7 operation – Proprietary hardware processor allows 24/7 operation for the most demanding and critical applications
- Scalable and flexible – With industry leading scaling and format conversion, customers can mix and match multiple SD, HD, 4K, and stereoscopic video formats without compromising the creativity to flexibly arrange and manipulate content while maintaining original picture quality
- Christie Spyder Studio client software (GUI) - Advancing Spyder’s reputation for show control, from simple presets to complex frame accurate timelines, Spyder Studio has the flexibility and functionality required for the most demanding live environment
From June 14 to 16, 2017, Christie Spyder X80 will be on display in the Christie booth #2553 at the Orlando Convention Center, Orlando, Florida.
Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc. is a global visual and audio technologies company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ushio Inc., Japan (JP:6925). Consistently setting the standards by being the first to market some of the world’s most advanced projectors, complete system displays, and cinema audio solutions; Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world. From retail displays to Hollywood, mission critical command centers to classrooms and training simulators, Christie display solutions and projectors capture the attention of audiences around the world with dynamic and stunning images, accompanied by awe-inspiring sound. Visit www.christiedigital.com.
“Christie” is a trademark of Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., registered in the United States of America and certain other countries.
DLP® is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments