In a move that brings the sounds of its PCM96 Stereo Reverb/Effects Processor to more users than ever before, Lexicon today announced the introduction of its PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle. The new software package makes all the effects processing of Lexicon's acclaimed PCM96 available as a plug-in that adds a wealth of inspirational new sounds to a user's DAW that are not available anywhere else.
The PC- and Macintosh®-compatible PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle is designed to work with popular DAWs like Pro Tools and Logic, as well as with any other VST, Audio Unit or RTAS-compatible host.
The PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle incorporates all the capabilities of the PCM96 hardware unit including:
• Dual Delay – The PCM provides a comprehensive palette of delay effects, such as slap-back echo, tape echo and much more – all with complete control over delay time, mix, repeat and other parameters.
• Random Delay – Builds upon the capabilities of Dual Delay with more voices and four LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) that control delay time with both familiar waveforms as well as random values and input levels.
• Chorus/Flange – The available chorus, flanger and long multivoice delay enable everything from traditional flanger sounds to flangers that play far behind the beat for out-of-this-world effects.
• Resonant Chords – This unique mode, first introduced in the Lexicon PCM70, allows multiple delay voices to be tuned to resonate on specific notes. The sonic result can be glistening chords, strange ringing delays or truly bizarre room sounds.
• Pitch Shift – A multitude of mono and stereo pitch-shifting capabilities are available, from pitch correction in a mix to standout special effects.
• Multivoice Pitch Shift – This is a multivoice delay algorithm with an independent pitch shifter on each voice. It can function as anything from a voice thickener, to multiple delays that can shift up or down while locked to tempo, to a “Seasick Room” preset that must be heard to be believed.
The PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle adds to these effects an all-new Stringbox algorithm, which provides the user with 88 virtual strings resonating according to the audio in. Several tuning and panning options are available, along with a virtual keyboard and randomizer, giving users the ability to create never-before-heard chords, melodies and room sounds.
The Lexicon PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle is Native only, and requires iLok authorization. It will be available in Jan 2011 at a suggested retail price of $1199.95.
Lexicon is a unit of Harman International Industries, Incorporated (www.harman.com).
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon® and Mark Levinson®. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 20 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 11,000 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $3.2 billion for the last twelve months ended March 31, 2010. The Company's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.