Los Angeles and Hong Kong, Jan 30, 2012 -- Hong Kong-based Galaxy Entertainment Group Limited's “Galaxy World Macau” mega resort was the winner of the 2012 “World's Best Casino / Integrated Resort of the Year” Award, presented during the prestigious International Gaming Awards ceremonies in London this week. Gary Goddard and his company, Hollywood, CA-based The Goddard Group, currently celebrating its 10th Anniversary Year, provided the concept, master planning, schematic design, and show design of the massive $1.9 billion Galaxy World Macau, which opened to the public in Macau, China, in May 2011.
This is the first year in which the International Gaming Awards has presented a gaming “Oscar” in the category of “World's Best Casino / Integrated Resort of the Year,” and the shortlist for that award was comprised of the most high profile integrated resort properties from around the world. The International Gaming Award is the fourth major award that the Galaxy Macau has won since its opening—the destination also won the “Best Integrated Resort” Award at the Top Travel Awards event which was held in Beijing in December 2011.
“I am incredibly proud of our role as the designer charged with creating the concept, master plan and schematic design for this incredible destination,” Goddard said. “In just a few short months, the Galaxy World Macau venue has become a world class mega resort visited by hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world, and now has also become the winner of several major industry awards. We ensured The Galaxy was not a copy of something from Las Vegas or elsewhere, but an original â€˜Must See' experience that stands alone and apart.”
Adds Goddard, “Working closely with Dr. Che-woo Lui (Chairman of Galaxy Entertainment Group) and Francis Lui (CEO of Galaxy Entertainment Group), our goal for the Galaxy World Macau was to create an Asian- inspired fantasy world of exotic beauty and timeless wonders. It was to be appealing, first and foremost, to the Asian guests who come to Macau from all areas of Southeast Asia. Secondly, for the western tourists who come to Macau, we wanted a very special resort casino that could only be seen in Macau and that speaks to an Asian experience. I think we have achieved our goal with this spectacular and elegant design – a true tropical paradise built upon a mythical world steeped in Asian spirit.”
Dr. Che-woo Lui, Chairman of Galaxy Entertainment Group (GEG), said, “We are delighted to receive such encouraging global recognition for our achievements and success in delivering our vision. GEGâ€˜s objective has always been to build a unique identity, and develop our casinos and resorts to a world class standard. These awards not only recognize this vision, but are also a great endorsement of our management teamâ€˜s endeavor and the passion of our devoted staff to succeed. We are proud to have created a globally recognized standard, and we have defined a new category in the industry, especially in the Asia Pacific region. We are also delighted that GEG is helping Macau diversify into an international tourism and leisure destination.”
ABOUT THE GALAXY MACAU RESORT:
The 550,000 square meter Galaxy Macau opened on May 15th, 2011 and offers a number of game-changing features and amenities which help make The Galaxy Macau the most complete holiday destination in Macau:
• The most luxurious accommodation, from three of the world's leading hotel brands: the ultra exclusive Banyan Tree Macau which offers 250 suites; the 500-room Hotel Okura Macau and the five-star Galaxy Hotel which offers 1,500 rooms.
• The 52,000 square meter Grand Resort Deck, where the 4,000 square meter Skytop Wave Pool with 350 tonnes of white sand create a 150-metre long shoreline, with waves reaching as high as 1.5 meters.
• 10 luxurious Floating Villas and Private Cabanas alongside the Banyan Tree Pool at the Grand Resort Deck.
• The renowned award-winning Banyan Tree Spa offers World-Class relaxation with myriad Asian health and beauty treatments and therapies.
• The Tropical and Japanese Gardens which are two of the endless leisure facilities for the whole family.
• More than 50 predominantly Asian food and beverage outlets which are tailored to the needs of different customers.
• The world's first Macallan Whisky Bar, replicating the unique hospitality of the Scottish Highlands, with heavy oak-wood paneling and classical furniture harking back to centuries long past, and a selection of over 350 whiskies.
• A number of Wow Features to give its guests the finest possible experience from the moment of entering Galaxy Macau, including The Fortune Diamond that is located in the main lobby – a mammoth three-meter gem that rises before your very eyes from behind a waterfall; The Wishing Crystals which is a marvel of interaction and numerous gems rise from the entrance lobby to offer words of blessings; and The Galaxy Laserama which is one of the largest laser shows in the world, with eight showings a night and a different spectacle every time.
• A wide range of entertainment facilities including Macauâ€˜s first modern 3D Cineplex.
About The International Gaming Awards (IGA):
The International Gaming Awards (IGA) is the Oscars of the gaming community which held its fifth extravagant awards ceremony in London this week. IGA offers a unique opportunity to meet, mix and mingle with architects of change. The prestigious awards event unites industry professionals from all around the world. It focuses on highlighting the achievements of online and land-based professionals across various sectors of gaming. The Judging panel consists of leading international industry professionals, specialized journalists, analysts, investors and consultants. Using their industry knowledge and professionalism within gaming, they judged entries in 18 categories. For more details, please visit http://gaming-awards.com.
ABOUT THE GODDARD GROUP
Currently celebrating its 10th Anniversary, The Goddard Group, launched by Gary Goddard in 2002 in Los Angeles, has grown to become one of the most successful independent entertainment design firms working in the industry today, having designed and opened over a dozen currently-operating attractions and destinations all over the globe. If you've ever been to New York's Times Square, Las Vegas, Tokyo, Sydney, Cape Town, Jakarta, Hollywood, Shanghai or the Philippines, chances are you've personally experienced one of the themed entertainment attractions, hotels, resorts, aquariums, retail outlets or visitor centers designed and produced by Gary Goddard and The Goddard Group.
Since 1980, Gary Goddard has created many of the greatest attractions in the world, first through Gary Goddard Productions, next through his company Landmark Entertainment Group, and then, after selling 50% of Landmark to Prince Alwaleed and Michael Jackson, leaving Landmark to form The Goddard Group. Specializing in concept, master planning, design, project management and media production services, The Goddard Group provides turn-key services for entertainment-based projects of every size and scope in America and throughout the world.
Historically, Goddard and his company have been responsible for a wide array of resort and casino destinations based globally. Goddard has led the teams that created “The Forum Shops” at Caesars Palace/Las Vegas, “Caesars Magical Empire” and the long-term Master Plan for expansion of Caesars Palace itself, as well as creating the original concepts for both Sheldon Adelson's “Venetian” in Las Vegas and for Sol Kerzner's “Atlantis” in the Bahamas, the concept and master plan for the Montelago Resort at Lake Las Vegas, and the design of all of the interior spaces for Star City in Sydney, Australia, to name but a few.
While best known for theme parks, attractions, resorts and casinos, Goddard and The Goddard Group specialize in a broad range of mediums, having also designed museums, and retail malls, as well as having produced Broadway shows and creating outstanding 3D/ 4D attractions. Please see: www.garygoddard.com