On Monday, March 19, the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle announced the recipients of the 49th annual awards for distinguished achievement in theatre at A Noise Within in Pasadena, CA. The Hollywood Pantages Theatre production of Hamilton and Skylight Theatre's Rotterdam both received the 2017 Production Award, while the awards in 17 other categories went to touring hits and productions by local 99-seat companies.
Below are the winners of the design categories. For the full list of winners, visit LA Drama Critics Circle's site.
- Joel Daavid, Mr. Burns, A Post-Electric Play, Sacred Fools Theater Company at the Broadwater
- Paule Constable, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre
- B. Brooks, The Legend of Georgia McBride, Geffen Playhouse
- Lez Brotherston, The Red Shoes, Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre
- Ian Dickinson (for Autograph), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre
- Christopher Moscatiello, Rhinoceros, Pacific Resident Theatre.
The Kinetic Lighting Award for distinguished achievement in theatrical design
- Set Designer Stephanie Kerley Schwartz