How I Did That

How I made walls bleed for Medea:

For a recent production of Medea, the walls of the set needed to bleed as Medea murders her children. After trying several methods, I settled on a VARI-LITE® VL1000TS with an Apollo “Yarn” gobo. By closing the lower shutter completely with the yarn gobo oriented vertically, I slowly opened the shutter as the fixture moved down the wall, colored in blood red. This gave the look of streaks of blood

Register to view the full article

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish