LDI2016 was one of the best shows in the 29-year history of this leading North American trade show for the entertainment design and technology industry. In addition of strong attendance and a large show floor, LDI was named as one of the top 25 fastest-growing shows for net square footage at the TSNN Awards in Atlantic City, on October 30, 2016. “This is the second consecutive year LDI has earned this recognition,” says LDI show manager Douglas Lugo. “In the trade show industry, this is a very reputable award and achievement.”
LDI2016 by the numbers:
- 13,000 registered attendees: 20% international attendance; 80% from the US.
- Increased verified conference attendees by over 2,000 people from LDI2015.
- 126,000+ square feet of exhibits (excluding Live Outside), and LDI has been nominated for 2016 TSNN’s Top 25 Fastest-growing Shows for net square footage, for the second consecutive year.
- 350 exhibitors.
- Three stages at launch of the new LDI: Live Outside festival event.
- Two brand-new VIP lounges.
- 100+ conference and professional training sessions.
LDI launched a new event, LDI: Live Outside. The inaugural year was a big success, with three stages loaded with cutting-edge entertainment technology, and thousands of LDI attendees visiting the site, for live-demos, sessions by the Event Safety Alliance, and an industry party with live music by Burn Unit and the industry’s own, The Swinging Johnsons.
In its weeklong professional training program, over 1,000 people attended one or more sessions, including two-day events such as the new Pixel & Projection Mapping Summit, the one-day Envision session on The Future of Lighting, and hands-on training led by leading industry manufacturers. LDI also offers more courses that carry ETCP renewal credits for ETCP certified riggers and electricians than any other industry event.