ANAHEIM, California – At Winter NAMM 2014, HARMAN’s JBL Professional is introducing the VTX F Series, a premium line of 2-way multi-purpose loudspeakers designed to add to the word-class performance of JBL’s VTX Series line arrays. The F Series provides flexibility to audio professionals who don’t want to compromise on sound quality or performance they’ve found with the VTX Series. The F Series includes three models: the F12 and F15 full-range loudspeakers and the F18S subwoofer.
The VTX F12 and F15 loudspeakers feature the large-format JBL D2 dual diaphragm dual driver employed in the VTX V25 fullsize line array loudspeaker and the M2 Master Reference Monitor. All F Series models also feature JBL’s lightweight, high-power Differential Drive™ transducer technology.
The F Series is named for five key features:
- Fill: For point-and-shoot fill such as stacked stereo in-fill/out-fill, the F12 and F15 are an excellent sound design complement to VTX V25 due to the sonic consistency provided by common large-format D2 driver technology.
- Flexible: Pole mount and suspension options allow F Series to be used in a wide variety of distributed fill configurations for corporate/industrial applications such as ballroom delay rings and trade show booths. The F Series is a versatile sound design tool.
- FOH (Front of House): Standalone (pole-mounted) or when paired with the F18S subwoofer, the F12 and F15 can be used as a premium-quality, compact format front-of-house or sidefill monitoring system.
- Floor Monitor: With their clean lines, high-performance components and dedicated V5 processing, F-Series loudspeakers are perfectly suited for demanding tour sound stage monitoring requirements.
- Firehouse: The F Series is a design collaboration between JBL Professional and the world-renowned Firehouse Productions of Red Hook, New York. Essentially, the VTX F Series is a premium transducer upgrade of a tried-and-tested design that has always delivered for Firehouse Productions and its most demanding tour sound clients.
The VTX F12 is a bi-amplified 2-way enclosure that features a Progressive Transition Waveguide (90 x 50 degrees) and the 2262H 12-inch diameter (3-inch) dual voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled™ transducer. It boasts power handling (AES 2-hour) of 1000W continuous, 4000W peak (low frequency) and 200W continuous, 800W peak (high frequency).
The F15 is a bi-amplified 2-way enclosure that features a Progressive Transition Waveguide (90 x 50 degrees) and the 2265H 15-inch diameter (3-inch) dual voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled transducer. It offers power handling (AES 2-hour) of 1000W continuous, 4000W peak (low frequency) and 200W continuous, 800W peak (high frequency).
The F12 and F15 are optimized for use with Crown I-Tech HD Amplifiers and Crown VRack amplifier management systems, while both models also include BSS Audio OmniDriveHD V5 processing and JBL HiQnet Performance Manager™ control.
The F12 and F15 also offer attractive installation features including: a pole-mount socket, four NL4 connectors for discrete cabling, 14 M10 mount points and an optional universal bracket.
The VTX F18S is a powerful subwoofer in a compact form factor, ideal for drum/DJ monitoring and small/medium format front-of-house applications. It features the 2269H Differential Driver 18-inch transducer, with high power handling (AES 2-hour) of 2000W continuous, 8000W peak and massive linear excursion capability (3.5 inches peak to peak). The F18S is reverse-cardioid arrayable and features a reinforced M20 extension rod receptacle, 16 M10 mount points, four convenience handle locations and stacking feet and recesses.
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon® and Mark Levinson®. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of 14,600 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.5 billion for the last twelve months ended September 30, 2013.