San Francisco's Pier 70 was alive with music, dancing, and good times February 4-6 in honor of Super Bowl 50 weekend. Project Nightclub, a recently renovated warehouse turned concert venue, housed concerts with Dave Matthews Band, Pharrell Williams, and Red Hot Chili Peppers on three separate nights before the big game, as part of a large scale corporate event for Direct TV and Pepsi. Production design for the event was by Patrick Dierson, with lighting, video, and audio equipment supplied by Light Action Productions.
Project Nightclub, a recently renovated warehouse turned concert venue, housed concerts with Dave Matthews Band, Pharrell Williams, and Red Hot Chili Peppers on three separate nights before the big game.
The venue fit 9,000 people, with standing room only layout, as well as a lounge and bar with a nightclub atmosphere. The overhead lighting rig featured five hexagonal-shaped truss structures. The design also featured three hexagonal 9mm video walls, one upstage, one stage left, and one stage right. The upstage screen displayed video content, while the other two displayed IMAG.
The two hexagonal truss structures above the stage each held nine Claypaky B-EYE K20s and six Claypaky Mythos units.The other three hexagon structures stretched out above the audience, with five Mythos units, four B-EYE K20s and four Mythos units. Ten B-EYE K20s were positioned on the floor of the stage.
Six Mythos units interspersed in between were rigged in a line above the stage. Lighting control was via two MA Lighting grandMA full size consoles. Justin Cheatham, David "Fuji" Convertino, and Evan Bloom were the lighting directors for the concerts.
The front of the concert structure featured 30,000 sq. ft. of video mapping for exciting visuals. Obscura Digital provided the exterior projection content, while Sub Rosa/Pepsi Design supplied the interior content. Shawn Pozer was the video producer.
- Producer: Jack Murphy/Murphy Productions
- Architectural Designer: Joanna-Maria Helinurm/Murphy Productions
- Production Designer: Patrick Dierson
- Production Design Manager: Josh Spodick
- Lighting Directors: Justin Cheatham, David “Fuji” Convertino, Evan Bloom
- Talent Stage Manager: Ian Gotts
- Talent Production Coordinators: Tanya Slater, Morgan Root/Murphy Productions
- Lighting/Video/Audio Vendor: Light Action Productions
- Crew Chief: Andy Rougvie
- Electricians: Ryan Ward, Patrick Thompson, Darrin Bruce, Brian Barolo, Phillip Prest,
- Audio Lead: Dave Harris
- Video Producer: Shawn Pozer
- Exterior Projection Content: Obscura Digital
- Interior Projection Content: Sub Rosa/Pepsi Design
- Murphy Productions Project Coordinators: Justin Smith, Pete Isert, Michael Lamprides, Drew Steelman