When Swedish video game programmer and designer Markus Persson (aka “Notch,” the creator of Minecraft) decides to throw a party, he turns to Production Club. The series of shows, dubbed .party()—pronounced dot party—has been produced annually in various cities over the past few years, but the most recent incarnation at the LA Coliseum in Los Angeles has been the most ambitious version yet, taking place under the world’s largest and entirely air-supported inflatable dome with completely immersive projection mapping. Production Club created .party(), working closely alongside Notch on concepts and creative direction. Vivek Srinivasan was the event’s executive producer and Production Club principal, who works with fellow partners Miguel Risueño, Corey Johnson, and Kyle McCarthy.
Click through the images to read more about the design and technology at this year’s .party().
- Executive Producer: Vivek Srinivasan
- Production Design: Miguel Risueno
- Creative Direction: Corey Johnson
- Art Direction: Eric Au
- Video Direction: Hugo Bermudez
- Lighting Design: Cory FitzGerald (Seven Design Works)
- Technical Direction: Scott Bokowski
- Video Operators: Davey Martinez & Mario Adato
- Performers: Skrillex + DJ Snake + Team EZY + Bones