ACT has launched a new video series, “Caught in the ACT.” In this online series, ACT speaks with industry influencers about their inspiration, best practices, and what drives them. Each month will focus on a new subject with a new question posted each week. Explore the style, personality, and what drew these influencers to the industry.
First up is Cory FitzGerald, a Senior Design Partner at Silent House Productions. His recent projects include designing for a variety of artists, such as Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, Janet Jackson, Gwen Stefani, Skrillex, and many more.
This week, FitzGerald answers the question: What is the most important piece of advice anyone has given you about this business or your work?
Watch previous videos with FitzGerald:
- Episode 1: What was the pivotal moment that made you say, "This is what I'll do for a career?"
- Episode 2: Is there anything that you do in your life outside the business that really inspires your work on a project?
- Episode 3: People seem more informed about technology in lighting and videos these days. Have you seen a change in the type of inputs artists give you for your designs
- Episode 4: As you have spent more and more time with your craft, how have your designs changed?
- Episode 5: What person in your life has had the greatest influence on your designs?