DALLAS – April 23, 2018 – Production Resource Group (PRG), the global partner of choice for the world’s leading entertainment and event producers, designers, and creative talents, is making available its new Mbox® Player, the newest member of the Mbox family of software, for sale and rental. Mbox Media Player was initially shown at LDI - receiving Honorable Mention, Best Debuting Projection Product - and it was demonstrated at Prolight & Sound receiving positive reviews.
“Mbox Player is a media playback application created for simple setup, quick programming, and streamlined playback control,” said Matt Corke, Mbox product manager for PRG. “While it is based on the technology in PRG's existing line of Mbox media server software, the functionality is completely different.”
Mbox Player offers video professionals a simple, fast, and reliable platform for the delivery of typical 16:9 video with built-in looping and crossfading. It is the perfect choice for the video professional looking to provide linear cueing and single-layer playback control without the complexity of a typical media server. It is designed for the playback and output of individual video and still image clips with the ability to apply a variable crossfade or delay between each item. Mbox Player’s interface uses the industry-standard concept of Preview and Program buses to provide a look ahead view in the Preview bus, and when loaded into the Program bus, clips are output from the computer’s show output.
Benefits of the new Mbox Player include:
· Simple user interface with media organization for cueing, preview, and playback
· Immediate visual feedback in both preview and program buses
· Flexible video output resolution (up to 4K60) from connected display devices
· Playback of content up to 4K resolution
· Configurable transitions between media clips - cuts, delays, and crossfades, seamless looping
· Rapid programming for adding clips, previewing and modifying their properties, then moving to playback
· Trigger and playback synchronization between multiple Mbox Player instances, with variable trigger delay
· Drag and drop copying of properties between clips
· Edit all clip properties during playback
· Audio playback (up to eight channels) with volume control and variable audio delay
Mbox Player can be used on any Apple® Mac® computer that has an Intel 64-bit processor, running OS X 10.10 Yosemite or any newer version of the Mac operating system. It can be licensed using a USB license key that can be moved to any computer an unlimited number of times, or with a soft-license that has restrictions on the number of activations.