BirdDog TV (www.bird-dog.tv) announced it is formally launching BirdDog Studio NDI at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas, NV this week. BirdDog Studio NDI is the industry’s first HDMI/SDI to NDI encoder, enabling virtually any camera to instantly connect to IP workflows for live productions.
BirdDog Studio NDI is 100% compatible with the NDI protocol (Network Device Interface), and is the most scalable, practical IP standard available. NDI is compatible with hundreds of models of production equipment from dozens of manufacturers from edit suites to playout servers, vision switchers and graphics generators, making ideal for integration into any production environment.
The BirdDog team will be available to demonstrate BirdDog Studio NDI at NAB 2017 in their booth #C12348.
BirdDog Studio NDI: The Benefits of Innovative New Workflow
BirdDog Studio NDI integrates a number of attributes to significantly reduce the complexities and costs related to integrating IP workflows, including:
- Ultimate Image Quality: The foundation of BirdDog Studio NDI is its video pipeline, with the best components and cutting-edge processing image integrity is assured from the input all the way through your IP production by using BirdDog technology.
- Tally: With an on-board display capable of showing either Tally or camera position information combined with support for many external Tally indicators right out of the box, BirdDog Studio NDI simplifies wiring and production planning.
- Field Upgradeable: BirdDog Studio NDI has been designed from the ground up to be upgradeable. Adding regular updates and new features protects your investment and allows for additional work ows in the future.
- Built Production Tough: Made from aircraft-grade aluminium for incredible strength and heat management along with unique features like recessed SDI connectors mean BirdDog Studio NDI is built to last on even the most demanding locations.
- Video Toolbox: In addition to converting live video inputs to NDI, BirdDog Studio NDI is a video interface converter, with active loop out from HDMI to SDI and vice-versa.
- Fleet Management: Configure and update BirdDog Studio NDI's en-masse using the included fleet management software. Load up show presets for camera stations names and system settings.
- Easy Mounting Options: Through-holes for mounting in almost any location along with production-standard 1/4-20 threads on each end make mounting BirdDog Studio a breeze. Use the optional Hot-Shoe mount for ultimate convenience and ease of use.
BirdDog Studio NDI: Facility Ready
Because NDI easily operates over regular Gigabit Ethernet, nearly every commercial building in the world is pre-wired for IP. To add additional cameras to a live production, simply plug BirdDog Studio NDI into any network point for instant access to your camera from anywhere in the building, on campus, at the stadium or wherever you are shooting.
BirdDog is the only hardware-based NDI implementation on the market today. By using custom hardware to encode NDI images BirdDog Studio NDI delivers:
- Highest image quality;
- Fastest end-to-end speed;
- Most power efficiencies;
- A small footprint;
- Unsurpassed reliability
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog Studio NDI is available shortly and is priced at $895.00 USD. For more information on BirdDog Studio NDI, or for information on how to purchase from BirdDog’s global network of distributors, please visit http://www.bird-dog.tv/.
BirdDog is dedicated to simplifying your transition from baseband video to IP workflows such as NDI. With a team of innovative and slightly quirky engineers, our goal is simple - make great products at great prices. BirdDog is an Australian company based out of Melbourne. To learn more about BirdDog, please visit http://www.bird-dog.tv/.