CAST Software in Toronto, Canada has officially released its newest software build of its industry standard lighting design and previsualization suite, wysiwyg R28. Beta tester feedback on wysiwyg R28 was unanimous and exciting: “wysiwyg R28 is WOW, WOW, WOW!”
wysiwyg R28 is CAST's award-winning lighting and video previsualization software that gives you the ability to create your most amazing lighting design work without having to spend time and money making it happen first in the venue. wysiwyg R28 delivers the tools you need to be the best at what you do so you can deliver your best work, efficiently, every time.
wysiwyg R28 builds on the vast advancements delivered in R27 that CAST released in Summer 2011 – wysiwyg R27 was five times faster in Shaded View, so you can render entire lighting sequences and still have graphics in reserve to perform digital flybys, vastly improving the deliverables for your designs. R27 also improved several trusted wysiwyg features, like the Image Manager, so you have control over the graphics you add into your designs, and the Attribute Layout manager, that is so much better and easier to interface!
wysiwyg R28 just keeps getting better!
• Camera Paths: Want to have your camera view do some dynamic content? Simply draw the path in your drawing in R28, start the camera and watch your work come to life!
• Cuelists for Looks: You can now build a list of lighting looks and then play them back sequentially, or in any order you can dream up, with crossfading and time attributes applicable to each.
• LED and Media: Improved Video Splitting – you can now split your Images from the Image manager and apply them to Surfaces, Screens or LED walls
• Shutter Cuts: Never again must you interface the Properties dialogue to adjust shutters, now you can have shutter cuts in conventional fixtures!
• Device Toolbar Improvements: Allows you to conveniently connect/disconnect devices in Live mode and access their properties instantly!
• Library Item Replacement: Select all Library items of a certain type and replace them with an alternate style of Library object; so when you decide, for example, that you don't like all of those centerpieces you added to your drawing, you can replace them with any other library object in a few short clicks.
Check out this video link to see Camera Paths and the Looks Cuelist in action together: http://youtu.be/ClmrxikHbPI.
Releases are free to current wysiwyg Members. In fact, being a Member is the only way to get a fully operational copy of the software and keep it current. Membership has its benefits!
CAST Software Ltd., 35 Ripley Avenue, Suite 1, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6S 3P2. Tel: +1 416 597 2278. Fax: +1 416 597 9594. Email: [email protected].
Top Photo: New R28 Camera Path feature
Bottom Photo: New R28 Cuelist for Looks