Las Vegas, NV RTS is proud to show the PS-20 Power Supply at InfoComm 2008.
The PS-20 is a complete and independent power supply. The PS-20 has added features like two- and four-channel operation, RTS monitoring, 2-channel program input, audio linking, and three-mode operation: RTS 2-channel, RTS 4-channel and Clear-Com mode. It also doubles the power, which substantially increases the number of user stations and beltpacks that can be connected.
The PS-20 features two channels of communication where both channels are "wet," meaning there is power on each channel (RTS 2-channel mode). In RTS 4-channel mode, the audio signals and DC exist on the same wire, unlike in Clear-Com mode, where the audio and power are on separate lines. Where the PS-15 has power on CH 1 only, power is on both CH 1 and CH 2 on the PS-20. The PS-20 has a 3-pin XLR (male) connector on the front of the system, where a user station like a beltpack can connect to the power supply and monitor activity on CH1 or CH 2 or both. A single PS-20 Power Supply now has 1.8 amperes per channel, which means that the user can power up for more stations (depending on the model and combination – see specifications). If still more user stations or beltpacks are needed, two PS-20 Power Supplies can be joined together to double the power capability. A pair of standard stereo plug connectors are available on the back of the power supply to connect two PS-20 power supplies through audio linking as well. The PGM IN (3-pin XLR female Program Input) connector can be used to send Audio to both CH 1 and/or CH 2 (for example, a radio station that users can listen to while they work).
- The PS-20 is selectable between RTS 2-channel, RTS 4-channel and Clear-Com mode.
- Audio Linking allows you to connect two or more PS-20's with a standard stereo cable. There is an Audio Link IN and an Audio Link OUT connection for one-way communications.
- The 3-pin XLR Monitoring output connector allows the user to connect a user station to monitor a channel or both channels.
- There is a green status indicator for each channel. Each of these indicators will remain lit during normal operation, but will turn RED during a channel current overload condition. Output current is automatically reduced during an overload, and normal operation is restored when the overload is removed.
- There is a Program Input connector on the rear panel. This can be used to connect a device that both channel 1 and channel 2 can listen to at the same time. A Channel Select switch on the front panel assigns the program to either or both channels. A Level control adjusts the program level to the intercom channel.
- Intercom channels (user stations) are connected to the rear panel of the PS-20 with 3-pin XLR connectors.
- The IMPEDANCE SELECT switch on the rear panel allows for each channel to be set for 200 Ohm or 400 Ohm operation. Select 200 Ohms for each channel operated independently. Select 400 Ohms for each channel connected to another channel.
For more information, visit the RTS Two-Wire Intercom website: www.rtstw.com