ORLANDO, FL — Harkness Screens, the world's leading manufacturer of projection screens for cinema applications, will feature its entire line of rear projection event screens at InfoComm 2009 (Booth 2935). Harkness' rear projection screens are designed with PVC surfaces that can be used where a specific screen size or shape is required for both temporary and permanent installations.
"With eight rear projection screen options, Harkness Screens has a solution for any type of application," says Andrew Robinson, managing director of Harkness Screens. "InfoComm is the ideal platform to highlight this line of screens, as the trend towards visual effects and 3D continues to grow in the installation market."
Rear Projection Event Screens:
• Translite Grey–a grey surface for use in controlled light conditions; good contrast; high diffusion; good color rendition and viewing angles
• Translite Super Grey–similar to Translite Grey but with higher transmittance
• Translite Blue–pale blue screen holds a good image with high contrast; can also be used for reflecting light to give scenes a cold feel
• Translite Midnight–dark grey screen; gives a high contrast image; works well in ambient light; useful as dark backdrop
• Translite Super 2–a cream colored screen for use in low ambient light
• Translite White–an off-white screen similar to Translite Super 2
• RP 230–a grey high contrast, high transmittance screen surface; ideal for conditions with a high level of ambient light
• RP3D–for use with 3D systems using polarized light; sharp, bright images; also supports 2D images
Harkness Screens have been installed at a wide range of venues for such events as live theater/opera, film premieres, concerts, conventions, fashion shows, theme park attractions, product launches and touring shows.
Harkness' rear projection screens can be fabricated to accommodate any size or shape with invisible seams under projection and lighting conditions. In addition, multiple images can be blended. The rear projection event screens are quick to install and are available with different finishing options.
Rear projection screens can also provide background color as required when not projecting images and with backlighting or back projection, the screen can be used to produce color changes or scenic effects.