ATLANTA, GA – InfoComm 2011 - Digital Projection International (DPI), an Emmy® Award-winning manufacturer of high-performance projection systems, announces a major enhancement to their flagship LIGHTNING 3-chip displays. As of InfoComm 2011, every LIGHTNING series projector will include full 3D capability as a standard feature. Delivering between 20,000 and 30,000 lumens, LIGHTNING 3D projectors are available in sx+, 1080p and WUXGA resolutions. With almost 30 distinct 3D models in total, DPI offers both active and passive, full resolution 3D solutions with ample lumens, native resolution and contrast to suit any application. No other company has a comparable product line of precise 3D large screen displays.
For more than three years, DPI's 3D products have been installed in a wide variety of immersive applications, including medical imaging, product design, immersive visualization, theme park entertainment and elite home cinema. Inspired by this multi-market success, DPI has decided to make their brightest, most powerful series of displays the penultimate solution for large-screen 2D and 3D applications. The following capabilities are now standard for the entire 3-chip DLP LIGHTNING 3D series:
• MultiBlend - DPI's four side image blend technology. MultiBlend supports the tiling of multiple projectors to create screens of nearly any resolution and aspect ratio. DPI's MultiBlend technology provides an unprecedented 16 bit-per-color gray-scale resolution, ensuring blends are smooth, seamless and invisible. The user interface for adjusting MultiBlend is straightforward, and can be accessed via the on-screen display, or via desktop application.
• Dual-Pipe Connectivity - 3D sources and formats come in a variety of standards. One, which DPI refers to as "Dual-Pipe," sends the left eye and right eye content down two parallel cables. With this new connectivity, Dual-Pipe sources can now be input directly to LIGHTNING 3D projectors.
• Ultra-High Bandwidth capability - The electronics in DPI's LIGHTNING 3D displays accept sources running at up to 144 Hz with up to 12 bits grayscale resolution per color, and directly display these sources without compromising resolution, grayscale, frame rate or color.
• Dual-Flash Processing for ALL Inputs - DPI's Dual-Flash Processing technology allows 60 Hz 3D sources to be frame doubled and displayed at 120 Hz on screen. The doubled frames are also interleaved to assure smooth presentation with maximum 3D separation and no flicker. The Dual-Flash capability is now available for every input on LIGHTNNG 3D projectors.
• Triple-Flash Processing for ALL Inputs - In applications where 1080-24p 3D content is to be displayed (24 frames for the left eye, 24 frames for the right eye), Triple-Flash is applied. In short, each of the 24 frames of the left and right content are tripled and interleaved, such that 72 frames per eye, or 144 frames in total, are presented to the screen every second. Triple flash processing assures the smoothest, flicker free presentation of 24P 3D content. The majority of digital projection in commercial cinemas relies on this same triple-flash standard.
• FastFrame for ALL Inputs - Exclusive to DPI, this technology reduces motion artifacts associated with rapidly moving content, such as what may be seen when viewing sporting events, participating in video games or in fast jet simulation. With FastFrame properly set, moving edge sharpness is dramatically enhanced and motion blur reduced, if not eliminated. FastFrame is now available for every input on LIGHTNING 3D displays.
• Plug and Play connectivity with the mainstream 3D standards defined in the HDMI 1.4 addendum - All of DP's LIGHTNING 3D projectors offer plug and play connectivity with the 4 primary consumer 3D standards, including "Frame Packed" (3D Blu-ray). Further demonstrating the intelligence of DP's 3D projectors, left eye / right eye sequence will be automatically detected and properly displayed, eliminating the need for frame swapping.