John McKernon's Lightwright 5 paperwork software (highly anticipated, as I know several folks who have been jabbering about it for a while) will be available later in the month, the most detailed overhaul to the software since the launch of version 4 in 2003.
Here are just a few of the new features planned for the mid-May launch:
- Lightwright/Vectorworks data exchange
- Complete History shows who made every change on the worksheet, and when.
- Worksheet Reconciliation uses history to show where two people's data disagrees and when the changes were made. It even gives suggestions.
- Any number of show files open at once: While this may seem trivial, to longtime Lightwright users, it's a big cause for celebration!
- Network Connectivity so users on a network can share worknotes and files.
- Global Search on any data category.
- Color Swatches of all the colors from Apollo, GAM, Lee, and Rosco.
- Live Counts shows a running total of how many lights and accessories are in use.
- More User-Definable Columns, 18 in total
- Automatic Dimmer Load Balancing reassigns dimmers within each rack to balance the load across phases.
Lightwright 5 is available exclusively via the City Theatrical network of dealers.