World's First Networked Partyline Intercom System Delivers Greater Efficiency, More Flexibility and Cost-Savings Through a Revolutionary Platform Design
LAS VEGAS, JUNE 11, 2012 â”€ Clear-Com®, a global leader in critical voice communication systems, is pleased to announce at InfoComm 2012 (Booth C10345) that its HelixNetâ„¢ Partyline intercom system is available and shipping. HelixNet Partyline, the industry's first networked partyline intercom system, features a unique set of capabilities for achieving greater efficiency, cost-savings and flexibility from setup to operation and maintenance. The initial release of HelixNet Partyline consists of the HMS-4X main station, HBP-2X HelixNet beltpack, HLI-2W2 two-wire interface module and the HLI-4W2 four-wire interface module.
HelixNet Partyline is the first set of products to combine a revolutionary platform with the superb audio clarity of the digitized Clear-Com sound, central administration of the entire system (firmware upgrades and maintenance) from the main station with a single cable and flexible cable options—with the ability to leverage one's existing cable infrastructure.
“For more than 40 years, the pro audio community has been using the common, three-pin XLR microphone cable to carry audio for analog partyline systems,” says Chris Barry, Product Manager at Clear-Com. “In order to preserve our customers' investments in intercom systems and cabling infrastructure, we specifically designed the HelixNet Partyline to transmit four channels of digital-quality audio, plus program and power for beltpacks, over a single, shielded twisted-pair cable (ex. microphone cable, CAT5 or CAT6 cable). This capability alone is unprecedented in the history of intercom technology.”
Furthermore, the HelixNet Partyline system offers many unique features to create much higher audio quality, increase efficiency during setup and maintenance processes, and simplify operations.
HMS-4X HelixNet Main Station and Interface Module
• High channel density and high user capacity. The sleek 1RU HMS-4X HelixNet main station fits into any standard 19-inch rack and provides power, four channels of audio and program audio over a single twisted-pair cable
• No hum. No buzz. Unlike unbalanced analog intercom systems, the all-digital HelixNet system is immune to electro-magnetic interference and ground loops.
• Highly flexible, with intuitive user operations. System settings and menus are quickly accessible. Firmware maintenance and upgrades can be achieved easily via USB ports.
• Greater connectivity with existing analog intercom systems and audio devices. Three expansion bays in the main station accept optional HLI-2W2 two-wire and HLI-4W2 four-wire interface modules, providing seamless connectivity with existing analog intercom systems and audio devices.
HBP-2X HelixNet Beltpack
• High channel density and selectable channels. The rugged, ergonomically-designed HBP-2X HelixNet two-channel beltpack offers access to two of any four intercom channels plus program audio, each with individual level control. Networked audio is distributed over a single, shielded-twisted pair, keeping the number of cables required low.
• Easy to operate. Optimally positioned buttons and volume controls are easy to identify and navigate. The high-contrast, 10-character OLED display provides users specific, logical channel labels. Cabling simplicity allows operation on a wide variety of cables with the ability to configure the beltpacks in daisy-chain or star configurations, with no need for active split-boxes.
• Highly durable and flexible. HelixNet beltpacks are highly durable and fabricated from lightweight cast aluminum. A sturdy beltclip, rubber bumpons and an integrated strap guide offer a variety of practical mounting options.
Clear-Com, an HME company, is a global provider in professional voice communications systems since 1968. We develop and market proven intercom technologies such as Analog & Digital Partyline, Digital Matrix, Wireless and Intercom-over-IP systems for critical communication applications in broadcast, performance venues, military, government and enterprise markets. Recognized for our legacy of intercom innovations, production teams around the world have come to depend on Clear-Com for clear, reliable and scalable communications solutions. For more information, please visit www.clearcom.com.
HM Electronics, Inc. is a diverse group of companies providing solutions that enhance productivity and customer service in markets including restaurants, sports and professional audio. Founded in 1971, we sell, service and support products in 89 countries worldwide, via company-owned offices in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and China, and an extensive network of HME-authorized distributors, dealers and service agents. Every day quick service restaurants take over 24 million orders using HME systems. With the recent acquisition of Clear-Com, HME is the world's leading provider of professional intercom systems. To learn more, visit www.hme.com.